- Program Timelines - Initial Launch
- Announcement of competitions - February 19, 2008
- Letters of Registration due - April 1, 2008
- Applications due - June 2, 2008
- Announcement of decisions - July 1, 2008
- Commencement date - August 1, 2008
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario is committing $700,000 this year to a new cardio/cerebrovascular (CCVD) Pilot Project Grants program.
This funding announcement highlights the Foundation’s strategic commitments to make incremental investments toward enhancing later pillar research capacity and impact, and to invest in CCVD research in ethnically diverse communities.
The Pilot Project Grants program is expected to increase the future success of funding recipients in the Foundation’s annual open competitions, such as the grants-in-aid program.
Applicants have the option of requesting this seed funding for a project that falls into one of the following two competitions:
- Health systems, population health or behavioural research, or
- Research involving ethnocultural or Aboriginal communities, specifically African-Canadian and Caribbean, Chinese, South Asian, Aboriginal.
The deadline for applications for both Pilot Project Grant competitions is Monday, June 2, 2008 and a Letter of Registration is requested by April 1, 2008. (This is an administrative procedure to assist HSFO in gauging the volume of potential applications.) Complete application details are available in the terms of reference:
- CCVD Research Pilot Project Grants: Health Systems, Population Health or Behavioural Research - Terms of Reference. (PDF)
- CCVD Research Pilot Project Grants: Ethnocultural or Aboriginal Communities - Terms of Reference. (PDF)