The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and its partner the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) are pleased to announce the Request for Applications (RFA) for Operating Grants in the Area of Resuscitation and Knowledge Transfer: The Community and Health Care Providers.
This RFA is intended to fund research that explores how present and proposed policies, strategies, tools, training approaches, legislation or guidelines relating to knowledge transfer of resuscitation science influence the uptake of knowledge by lay-rescuers and/or first responders such as health care providers. This evidence should lead to the development of new or improved knowledge transfer policies, mechanisms and/or tools that will help to improve survival outcomes from sudden cardiac arrest and, ultimately, reduce disability and death among Canadians.
- March 1, 2007 - Letter of Intent Due
- April 2, 2007 - Notification of results of Letter of Intent stage; Invitations for full applications.
- June 29, 2007 - Full applications due
- August 15, 2007 - Announcement of decisions
- September 4, 2007 - Anticipated start date
- Up to 2 years - Duration of Award
- Up to $100 000 per year - The maximum amount per grant, including equipment, staff and travel.
Please see the following documents for more information:
- Competition Results
- Request for Applications (PDF)
- Guidelines (PDF)
- Letter of Intent (MS Word or PDF)
- Full Application (MS Word or PDF)
- Consent Form (MS Word or PDF)
For more information please contact:
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
Phone: 613 569 4361 ext. 268