The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and its partners the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s (CIHR) Institute of Aging (IA), the Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH), the Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH), the Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA), the Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes (INMD), and the Institute of Population and Public Health (IPPH) launched the Request for Applications on the Built Environment, Obesity and Health in December 2006.
- obesity and well-being
- policies and standards for community planning, design and implementation
- physical activity levels and/or nutrition
- social, economic, and policy environment
- socioeconomic status, gender, ethnicity and age
- individual choices and behavior