The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and its partners the Canadian Institutes of Health Research's (CIHR) Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (ICRH) and the Canadian Stroke Network (CSN) are pleased to announce the launch of a Request for Applications (RFA) for research in Secondary Stroke Prevention Health Services and Care.
The primary objective of this strategic initiative is to help advance the goals of the Canadian Stroke Strategy by supporting research that examines how to improve the timely delivery of secondary prevention services and care that will ensure optimal outcomes for stroke patients.
- March 2008 - RFA Launch
- May 14, 2008 - Letter of Intent due
- June 19, 2008 - Notification of results of Letter of Intent stage. Invitations for full applications. *Up to $5,000 available as a development grant to support linkages among researchers, decision makers, and other team members in the formulation of a full proposal.
- November 7, 2008- Full applications due
- March 1, 2009 - Anticipated start date
- Up to 3 years - Duration of award
- Up to $200,000 per year - The maximum amount per grant, including equipment.
Please see the following documents for more information:
- Competition Results
- Request for Applications
- Guidelines for Strategic Research Initiatives
- LOI Application Form (MS Word or PDF)
- Full Application Form (MS Word or PDF)
- Consent Form (MS Word or PDF)
For more information please contact:
Information/Project Coordinator, Strategic Research Initiatives
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
Phone: (613) 569-4361 ext. 268