The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC), in partnership with the CIHR Institute of Population and Public Health, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and the Centre de recherche pour la prévention de l'obésité (CRPO), is pleased to announce the results of the Applied Public Health Chair competition.
- Support high quality and focused programs of policy and program intervention research of national relevance to public health.
- Foster formal linkages with the public health system to support the timely and effective application of research into policies, programs and practice.
- Support Canadian universities to develop graduate and continuous education programs in public health.
- Stimulate innovative approaches in public health intervention research, mentorship, education and knowledge transfer and exchange (KTE).
- Educate and mentor the current and next generation of public health researchers (trainees, post-graduate students and junior faculty), practitioners and policy makers.
Raine, Kim D. (University of Alberta)
Environmental and population-based strategies for chronic disease prevention and the promotion of healthy weights.
Dr. Kim Raine's Profile